« Home | We're starting out! » | Here I Go! »

Canada So-Journer



Sojourn, according to my Auntie's dictionary is to stay temporarily in a place. So I think that makes us Canada sojourners! We've had ever so grand a time--I can hardly imagine it will get any better, but Uncle says we've not even started yet! But we have--oooh we have!

The train ran along the Rocky Mountains, which were so immense. But when we finally got to Banff, it is almost beyond words to tell you how lovely it is--truly a playground of God's own making. We've had plenty of time to explore, as we've stayed here almost a whole month. Uncle has taken us to see some of the most beautiful places: we spent one day picnicking on the Bow River near the falls; we climbed Mt. Rundle (we went ever so high, but Uncle says we had hardly left the ground--it was so tiring); and we've spent several days at the hot springs. Those were Mum's favorites. But she loved the visit to Lake Louise. We paddled a canoe all the way to the glacier at the end! Emma had a hard time not being frightened, but I kept telling her not to worry. There aren't any monsters in the lake. Uncle says there aren't any in the waters here--we have to go to Scotland to see that. But you know how six year-olds are. They will go on believing in monsters in every shadow...

I do believe that Edward will be so disappointed, though, when he gets our letters. He had to stay home to learn business with Papa, but he'll be distraught (a new word I learned; it means: agitated with doubt or mental conflict or pain, but I like the second meaning even better: mentally deranged, or crazed--that's what Edward will be, I'm sure) when he sees that I got to try on an outfit when we visited Uncle's work at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police! They even took a picture for me to keep! Emma didn't want to try it. She thought it smelled too much like a horse. Well, what would one expect--they do ride horses, of course!

Implied By Design
Idaho Web Design Tools